Thursday 17 November 2016

Book Review of Descent (Gryphon Series Book 5) by Stacey Rourke @Rourkewrites



Book Title: Descent (The Gryphon Series Book 5)
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance/Dark Fantasy
Pages: 92
Author: Stacey Rourke
Date Published: 25 September 2016

Synopsis:

It's been two years since the lion roared ...
the eagle flew ...
and the fated Celtic warrior embraced her destiny.
Now, with an unknown darkness swirling and the body count rising, Gainesboro needs a hero more than ever. A new battle is brewing. Who will answer the call to war?
The time has come.
The stage is set.
And, the Garretts are back in a brand new novella!

Review:


Descent (Gryphon, #5)Descent by Stacey Rourke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fifth book in the Gryphon Series. I absolutely loved it!

Rowan Wade is a fascinating character. I wasn't sure about Rowan when I first met him in Embrace, but I fell in love with him in Sacrifice. He's a bit of a rogue, an ex-member of the Dark Army and an ex-pirate. He hides a softer side that he very rarely shows.

Descent is a short novella that I wish had been a little longer. It felt like I had just started reading it when it ended. However, having said that, I found myself completely emersed in the story, which is told through the eyes of Rowan. We get to meet the Garrett family again, as well as the Dark Army Glee Club. We also get to meet Caleb (Celeste's ex and Rowan's best friend) again. This Irishman makes a welcome return to the series.

Celeste and Rowan are studying at the Gainesboro University when there are a series of mysterious attacks. In an effort to stop Celeste remembering her Conduit past, Rowan begins to investigate. What he finds will rock the readers to the core. I know it shocked me, I was left stunned and in emotional turmoil. There are several twists and turns that I didn't see coming, though Rowan does something rather noble that made me love him more whilst breaking my heart. I will not say much more, because that would be a huge spoiler. Suffice it to say, I reached the end completely shell shocked and devastated. I am now looking forward to reading the next book, Inferno, which is due to be released in December 2016, to find out what happens next.

Stacey Rourke has written a fantastic YA series. I absolutely love her writing style, which is fast paced and witty, and the story flows wonderfully. This author has the amazing ability to draw you into a story, make you love the characters and then rip your heart out, leave a bleeding mess where it once resided then leave you begging for more; I hate this about her, but I also love her for it too! I am a huge fan of this author and will read anything she writes in the future.

I HIGHLY recommend this book (and series) if you love witty, sarcastic YA Romances filled with an array of various magical and mystical beings, namely lions, angels, gnomes, dragons, centaurs, demons and (of course!) Gryphons! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


            

Author Bio:




RONE Award Winner for Best YA Paranormal Work of 2012 for Embrace, a Gryphon Series Novel
Young Adult and Teen Reader voted Author of the Year 2012
Turning Pages Magazine Winner for Best YA book of 2013 & Best Teen Book of 2013
Readers' Favorite Silver Medal Winner for Crane 2015

Stacey Rourke is the author of the award winning YA Gryphon Series, the chillingly suspenseful Legends Saga, and the romantic comedy Adapted for Film. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two beautiful daughters, and two giant dogs. She loves to travel, has an unhealthy shoe addiction, and considers herself blessed to make a career out of talking to the imaginary people that live in her head.

Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment