Friday 6 June 2014

Audio/Book Review of Tiger's Voyage: Tiger Curse: Book Three (Tiger's Curse) by Colleen Houck



Synopsis:

With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continues their quest by challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections - leaving Kelsey more confused than ever. Fraught with danger, filled with magic, and packed with romance, Tiger's Voyage brings Kelsey and her two tiger princes one step closer to breaking the curse.

Review:


Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the third book in the Tiger's Curse Series. I LOVED it!

I downloaded this as an audio book, as I wanted to read it, but just didn't have time. Annika Boras again narrates the tale. I love the way she gave each character their own voice and personality. She did another fantastic job.

Kelsey Hayes is a fantastic character. I liked her a lot. She has grown in character and personality. It has been a pleasure to watch her grow from a teen full of angst into a woman who could face deadly challenges and become stronger (not only physically, but emotionally). However, that being said, I still wanted to either slap her or shake her on occasion. She has an annoying habit of not seeing the bigger picture. Her emotional turmoil with regards to her feelings for Ren, and now Kishan, blinds her to certain things and the reasons why they happen.

This story continues from the end of Tiger's Quest. I was literally an emotional wreck after reading that book, but I was dying to know what would happen next, so I couldn't wait to get into this one. I was quickly drawn back into the story. Ren and Kishan are now able to remain as men for twelve hours. Unfortunately, the torture that Ren suffered through has left him with no memory of Kelsey. This change in the relationship allows Kishan and Kelsey to become closer. I like Kishan. He is just as swoon-worthy as Ren. He is handsome, kind, courageous and brave. As I said in my review of Tiger's Quest, I am not a huge fan of love triangles, as they can be slightly one sided. This author has created two great men that any girl would love, and Kelsey is no exception to their charms. However, just to stir the honey pot, the author then introduces us to Wes, a smooth talking diving instructor from Texas. He is extremely charming and it was rather amusing for me to "see" Ren and Kishan's reactions to him. This story sees the trio, along with Mr. Khadam and Nilima, set off to face another challenge in an attempt to break the curse. The story was again peppered with myths and legends; it was very evident that the author had done a lot of research. This, coupled with an emotionally driven plot, was woven into a believable tale that kept me hooked from beginning to end. This book is longer than the previous one, and is just as emotionally draining; I found myself in tears more than once during this tale. The challenges these characters faced didn't seem as believable to me, but the action was intense and exciting, which made up for it. There are twists and turns aplenty in this story, but the ending has a twist that, although not a huge cliffhanger, makes me want to get the next book, Tiger's Destiny, as soon as possible.

Colleen Houck has written another fantastic YA adventure. I love her writing style, which is fast paced and exciting, without being rushed and the flow is wonderful.

I highly recommend this book if you love YA, Mythology, Romance or Action/Adventure genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment