Saturday 3 May 2014

Book Review of Reunion (Vampires Realm Romance Series #3.5) by Felicity Heaton



Synopsis:

The Law Keeper for the Venia bloodline, Marise doesn’t want to return home but duty dictates that she must investigate the attempt on her lord’s life by another vampire.

When she sets eyes on her lord, Marise realises that she might have been called for another reason and that the attack on her lord might not have been by a vampire after all. Her only source of information is a guard who was mortally wounded during the attack, a guard who turns out to be the man who broke her heart fifty years ago.

The sight of Jascha so close to death triggers a battle in Marise’s heart that will see her struggle to turn her back on him and her family again, and maintain her sense of duty. Is fifty years enough to forgive the one you love for breaking your heart? Will Marise finally confess to everything she’s held inside and kept hidden from him? And can Jascha convince Marise to listen to what he has to say and make her love him again?


Review:


Reunion (Vampires Realm, #3.5)Reunion by Felicity Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book 3.5 in the series. I loved it!

Marise is a great character. She is a Law Keeper (sort of the police for vampires) and has been for the past 50 years. I liked this character a lot. She is most definitely a take charge kind of person, and can kick some serious butt! (pardon the slang). Recalled home to investigate a deadly attack, she is confronted by her past.

Jascha is an elite guard in the house of Venia. I liked this character too. He is just as stubborn as Marise and just as prideful. However, he also loves Marise, and will do anything in his power to protect her.

This is a continuation of the Vampire Realms Romance series that was started with the Prophecy Trilogy. The author has expanded the series and has brought new blood (pardon the pun) into play. I was on the edge of my seat though most of the story, as the danger, intrigue and romance kept me hooked from the first page!
The Venia's are one of five powerful vampire families that are spread over Europe. I must admit that I took an instant dislike to Lord Timur, and thought he was rather weak as a ruler of the house of Venia; he's pompous and very arrogant. I don't know if he will survive for much longer.
In this story, Marise and Jascha team up and find themselves facing a deadly foe. The danger comes in the form of vampire hunters. However, these no ordinary vampire hunters; they have been altered somehow to be faster, stronger and more deadly.
There is a lot of action and some fantastically described fight scenes that came alive on the page. I could "see" them in my mind's eye with ease! Other scenes were just as vivid and I felt like I was actually there. This is an erotic paranormal romance, so there are scenes of a sensual nature that are rather explicit and very HOT! *fanning my face!* Although this book could be read as a stand alone, I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Seventh Circle, as soon as possible.

Felicity Heaton has written another fantastic paranormal romance that swept me away and made me wish that these vampires were real (but, I do have reservations too - I'm not keen on being their next meal!). I love her writing style, which is fast paced, exciting and believable. She is on top of my Favourite Authors List.

As this is an erotic paranormal romance with explicit scenes, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love erotic paranormal romances full of sexy vampires. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


                     

No comments:

Post a Comment