Saturday 15 February 2014

Book Review of Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising (Vampires Realm Romance Series Book 3) by Felicity Heaton



Synopsis:

An enemy with unimaginable power and vampire houses locked in an ancient blood feud threaten to tear Prophecy and Valentine apart as they fight for their lives and their future.

With the gathering storm on the horizon and a dark evil on the rise, Prophecy and Valentine try to join their vampire bloodlines, but their attempts to form an army leave them more vulnerable than ever. As the tension between the families and, more dangerously, between Valentine, Prophecy and Venturi escalates, defeat seems inevitable.

In one decisive move, the enemy seizes power over Prophecy and she fears her terrifying visions are coming true and she will lose everyone she loves. Death, destruction and danger surround her, and only a miracle can save the world now.

As the dark moon rises, will Prophecy find the power to avert an apocalypse and fulfill her extraordinary destiny, seizing her forever after with Valentine?

The dramatic conclusion to the Prophecy story, Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising is a gripping tale of love and war that will take hold of you, set your heart racing and not let you go until the very last page.

BOOK LENGTH: 116,000 WORD NOVEL
(Equivalent to 385 page mass-market paperback)

Vampire romance books in the Vampires Realm romance series available on Kindle, listed in series order:
Prophecy: Child of Light
Prophecy: Caelestis and Aurorea
Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising
Spellbound
Reunion
Seventh Circle
Winter's Kiss
Hunter's Moon
Masquerade


Review:


Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising (Vampires Realm, #3)Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising by Felicity E. Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the third book in the Vampires Realm Series. I absolutely loved it!

Prophecy is a fantastic character. She is a very headstrong and determined young woman. Not only is she a vampire, she is a powerful witch, and now the head of the Caelestis vampire family. I really liked this character. She makes mistakes, and learns from them, but it's the relationship between the two men in her life and herself that complicates an already complicated situation!

Valentine is also a fantastic character. He is very charismatic and, although he can be a bit intense, he clearly loves Prophecy. He too is now the head of his Aurorea family. Trying to unite the two vampire families against a common foe is harder than he had anticipated. However, Venturi is getting on his last nerve!

Venturi is an interesting character. He is quite the charmer, but can be lethal when required. The Tenebrae have a reputation of being fierce warriors, and Venturi is most certainly a formidable one. I liked him very much, even though he has fallen in love with Prophecy too!

This story continues on from the end of the second book, and see's the trio trying to track down the rest of the prophecy that foretells what Prophecy's role would be - destroyer or savior - in a war against a formidable foe. This book is a roller coaster ride of action, adventure, danger and romance. I was quickly swept up in the tale and struggled to put the book down! The story is told from three points of view: Prophecy, Valentine and Venturi, which gives the reader the opportunity to see their thoughts and feelings. There are a few twists and turns in this tale that kept me guessing as to what would happen next. However, there is a battle scene that was so well described that I felt like I was actually there - it was EPIC! As I have said in my review of the previous book in the series, I am not fond of love triangles. However, the ending has a slight twist that made me snigger, and made me want to read the next book in the series, Spellbound, as soon as I can!

I am a huge fan of Felicity Heaton's books. I love her fast paced writing style, which flows beautifully, and the way her characters come to life on the page. Her attention to detail sparks my imagination, and that is why I love her work so much. I will keep reading her books for as long as she keeps writing them, and beyond. She is number one on my favourite authors list.

There are a few steamy scenes that, although not too explicit, are extremely hot! Therefore, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love paranormal romances with an excellent story, combined with sexy vampires, werewolves and witches. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


              

No comments:

Post a Comment