Monday 24 February 2014

Book Review of Alice Parker & The Sound of the Silent (Book 4 of the new adventure series for children) (Alice Parker's Adventures) by Nicola Palmer



Synopsis:

The Parkers' are off to London, where Alice is to play in the orchestra at a prestigious venue. But when she arrives in the city, her ears seem tuned to more than her music. Why is she hearing peculiar voices?

Alice is convinced she’s being followed – and not only by her latest enemies. When she starts shouting at pigeons, even her family begin to wonder. What is happening to Alice?

A new, unlikely friend holds the clue, and the explanation is absurd. Alice doesn’t want to believe it.

But in the world of Finwips, anything is possible ...

Book 4 of 'Alice Parker's Adventures' - a children's chapter book for ages 9 - 13.


Review:


Alice Parker & The Sound of the Silent (Alice Parker, #4)Alice Parker & The Sound of the Silent by Nicola Palmer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fourth book in the Alice Parker's Adventures for children. I loved it!

Alice Parker is a fantastic character! She is a very special girl. She is a Finwip (a descendant of fairies), and the only Finwip able to fly. Her abilities and powers are growing, but when she starts hearing pigeons talking to her, even she thinks she is going crazy! I loved this girl when I first met her in the first book, Alice Parker's Metamorphosis. But, I am absolutely in awe of how this character has grown in each book. She has gained confidence each time she has had to face a difficult challenge. However, this may be the strangest challenge yet!

This is a fantastic continuation of the series! I have wanted to read this book for a while. The Finwips are a fascinating group of people. They have many different and unique abilities that range from invisibility to super sensitive hearing. Alice finds herself embroiled in another exciting adventure that had me sitting on the edge of the seat! She is convinced that she must be going crazy, because she keeps hearing voices, and a pigeon seems to be following her all over London. The suspense and mystery kept me hooked. There is even a re-appearance of an old enemy. However, things are not what they seem and when all is revealed, I was completely surprised! This is a fast paced, action packed adventure that will keep children from the ages of 9-13 completely engrossed! In fact, I struggled to put it down myself! There are several twists and turns that had me guessing, and I was even in tears at one point. I have no idea when the next book will be available, but I would love to read it as soon as it's released!

Nicola Palmer has written an amazing children's series that is enchanting, exciting and all round good fun! Her writing style is fast paced, but easy enough for youngsters to read and follow. She is one of my favourite children's book authors!

I highly recommend this book (and series) to children and adults alike! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment