Thursday 5 December 2013

Book Review of Hellhound by Rue Volley

Synopsis:

This is BOOK #1 in the series.

Halo Bay has had nothing but bad luck with men her whole life, from a cheating High School boyfriend to the abusive one she just stabbed through the eye. Fatally wounde
d from her last fight with him, she falls unconscious, only to wake in purgatory with two choices before her. Sew her own eyes and mouth shut and wander around purgatory for an eternity, or, follow an extremely hot man, by the name of Gunner, to Hell. There she will train to be a "Hellhound", a hunter of all things nasty that escape Hell and go topside. Only with this can they try to redeem themselves and possibly gain their freedom. Settling into her new life as a HELLHOUND is almost easier than the amazing love affair just starting to grow between her and Gunner. His inability to open up, and her problems with trust, tend to make things difficult. Not to mention, she has another who admires her, the Prince of Fire himself, Lucifer. Halo becomes frustrated and makes a fatal mistake that could cost her everything.

Review:


Hellhound (Hellhound, #1)Hellhound by Rue Volley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review 4****

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the first book in the Hellhound Series. I really enjoyed it.

Halo Bay is a character that I wasn't sure about. She is nice enough as a person, but she has REALLY bad judgement when it comes to men. I don't understand her need to remain in an abusive relationship. I suppose it's because I've not been in the same situation (and I hope to never be!), that makes it so hard to comprehend. When she kills her boyfriend in self defense, but is also fatally wounded, she finds herself facing a tough decision - a life in purgatory or to become a Hellhound.

This is the first book I have read by this author, and it won't be the last! I started reading this book and couldn't put it down! However, I did have a few grumbles. The story didn't flow as smoothly as I would have liked, but this could have just been my interpretation. I would have also liked a bit more verbal interaction between Gunner and Halo - they are meant to be team mates after all! This story also felt a bit too short, and could have done with a bit more background into the Hellhound origins. And, why the rule for there being only five Hellhound's at a time? Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the story from start to finish! Lucifer is a character that intrigued me, but he is rather creepy and has a bit of a hypocrisy thing going on! Gunner is a very enigmatic character and I really wanted to know a bit more of this person, because I liked what I read about him. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series to find out how the story unfolds!

Rue Volley has written a wonderfully steamy erotic romance that had more heat than the fires of Hell! Her characters are interesting and very lifelike. I do have another one of her books on my Kindle from a different series to read, and this book made me want to read it as soon as possible!

I do not recommend this book to readers under 18 due to scenes of an explicit sexual nature and the use of foul language. However, I recommend this book if you love HOT steamy romances (paranormal or contemporary), with a dark fantasy twist. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


        

No comments:

Post a Comment