Monday 2 December 2013

Book Review of Accidentally In Love With... A God (Accidentally Yours) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff


Synopsis:

Trapped for decades, a powerful god seeks freedom . . . and revenge. But the only thing that can save him is the passion of a woman's touch . . .

Emma Keane is your average city girl trying to get a date. There's just one thing holding her back: the disembodied male voice speaking to her through her mind. Sound kind of crazy? Maybe. But crazy turns downright deadly when the voice persuades her to travel to the wilds of the Mayan jungle. There she will free his body-his incredibly hot, muscled, naked body.

Humans are so frail, so undisciplined, so susceptible to love. And when this ancient being connects with Emma, the feelings she sparks drive him utterly mad. Protective, keep-her-close, never-let-her-go kind of mad. Which might not be such a bad thing because from the moment the beautiful, passionate Emma unshackles his body, they are hunted at every turn. Now he'll have to do everything in his power to keep her safe. But will it be enough?


Review:


Accidentally In Love With...A God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)Accidentally In Love With...A God? by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.

Emma Keane is a twenty two year old woman and a character I wasn't sure I liked at first. I found her a bit whiny, but when you have a disembodied voice that speaks to you in your head, you would be whiny too, I suppose.

Guy (AKA Votan) is a character that I had a bit of an issue with. Was he a god or an alien pretending to be a god? (Considering his real body was made of energy). However, I must admit that I did like him, even though his arrogance at times made me want to thump him!

This is a romance story that is somewhat unique! I have read lots of romances over the years, but this story had an unusual arc. There are several twists that kept me guessing, and the characters came alive on the page. There are some really witty comments bantered between the two characters that had me giggling, because they sounded like a married couple even though they had never physically met. However, things get even more interesting when Emma and Guy finally meet face to face. Sparks fly as their attraction flares. But danger is not that far away, and exciting fights and chases ensue. The story is told from both Emma's and Guy's point of view, but a few of the other characters have their say too. There are interesting characters that are ambiguous, and I wasn't sure if they were friend or foe. Cimil is crazy (with a capital C)! I never knew if she was helping or causing trouble! Uchben is a twisted character who is rather terrifying! The ending has a surprising twist and made me look forward to reading the next book in the series.

Mimi Jean Pamfiloff has written a fast paced romance story that kept my attention from the first page to the last! I will certainly read more of this authors books in the future.

I recommend this book if you love romance novels (paranormal or contemporary) with a touch of humour mixed in with danger. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


         

No comments:

Post a Comment