Monday 20 May 2013

Book Review of Wings Of Vengeance by Kylie Price


Synopsis:

Destinies will collide and romance will bloom...Lara is a human whose soul has been reanimated by Mathias. Her new life is driven by two things only: revenge and sorrow. And it requires her to fight in a war that has been raging for more than two millennia. After serving her purpose, Mathias will have to take back the life that he has given her. 
Rollan, one of Mathias's first creations, has fallen deeply in love with Lara. He is determined to keep Lara from leaving and convince her to begin a life with him. Rollan will soon find himself fighting not just for Lara's love but for her very survival. 
Will his love for her prevail? Or will Lara pursue her quest and soar off with her Wings of Vengeance? Discover the answer in a spellbinding tale suffused with magic and suspense, romance and passion.


Review:


Wings of VengeanceWings of Vengeance by Kylie Price
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is an intriguing romance. I must admit that I loved the cover, and once I read the blurb, I really wanted to read this book!

Lara is a Death Stalker and a character who is driven by vengeance for what happened to her in her previous life; being murdered can do that. I really wanted to like this character, but I struggled to. I found her to be very self-centred and selfish. Her motive was understandable, but I have never been able to hold a grudge for long, and cannot understand why people do; I find it just hurts yourself, and poisons you with bitterness. However, it is her emotional blindness towards her fellow Death Stalkers that really bugged me! I wanted to shake her and tell her to "Snap out of it!". I'm not sure how Rollan could fall for her. Perhaps he saw something in Lara that I couldn't?

Rollen is a fantastic character that I thought was very sexy! He is one of the oldest Death Stalkers (a type of "Human Angel" for want of a better description), created by Mathias to help protect humans from Spawn (a type of vampire/demon). He has loved Lara from afar for a long time, but when he finds out that she is planning on leaving the Death Stalkers, and effectively ending her life, he has to find some way of getting her to stay.

This is a paranormal romance that introduced me to a new type of supernatural being. I loved the idea of these "angels". However, I was left a bit cold by the vengeance aspect of the story. I can understand wanting an eye for an eye to right a wrong, but that doesn't mean I condone violence. Vigilante justice is sinking to the level of the party that incurred the injustice in the first place. I don't believe that does anyone any good. I could understand Lara's need for justice, but not how she goes about it.
I loved the interaction of all the other Death Stalkers, and the camaraderie they have with one another. Marcus is a consummate flirt, Shyanne is a sweet person, Nathanial is fantastic and Mathias is an enigma. These characters bring this book to life. The story is fast paced and kept me entertained from the first page. There is enough action, danger and romance mixed together to create an exciting read!

Kylie Price has written a paranormal romance that intrigued me. Her book is certainly unique, and I am looking forward to reading more in the series and watching how these characters evolve and grow.

As there are scenes of explicit sexual situations and violence, plus the use of bad language, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I do recommend this book if you love STEAMY and HOT Paranormal Romances. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment