Sunday 21 April 2013

Book Review of Nature Calls by Bonnie Bernard





“Nature Calls” is a 40,000 word anthology of fourteen short stories revolving around the idea, “If Mother Nature and Sister Karma whipped up a cauldron of ‘Double, double toil and trouble’ soup, this might be the result.” From ghosts to goblins to three-legged, one eyed Pomeranians, Nature Calls offers something for everybody who looks at life through cock-eyed glasses. Warning…you may never enter the woods or an outhouse the same way again.


Nature CallsNature Calls by Bonnie Bernard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 7*******

This is a fantastic anthology of fourteen short paranormal stories! I loved them!

Every story in this anthology is entertaining, and some of them have a twist that were either surprising, or left me wanting more!
It is extremely difficult for me to say which story I enjoyed more, as I loved them all. However, I must admit that When Yeti Met The Space Alien, When Yeti Met The Demon, Transportal Potty and The Ricki Shay Effect may just be on the top of my list. All of the stories are witty, and made me giggle in varying degrees. I especially loved the Yeti meeting Howie Evil in When Yeti Met The Demon. I'm a HUGE Howie Evil fan! However, he'll just call me a "stupid human". If you haven't read Bonnie Bernard's other books, The Midnight Hunter Trilogy, then the reference will be lost on you. Therefore, I HIGHLY recommend you read those books, because then you'll know exactly what I am talking about! Howie Evil HATE'S humans! His meeting with the Yeti had me giggling like mad, because I could "see" the scene in my mind as if it was real.

Bonnie Bernard is one of my favourite authors, and I am looking forward to reading more of her books in the future. I love her sense of humour, which is somewhat macabre, but her wit is dry and highly entertaining! Her writing style is fast paced, and the flow is exceptional; Exceptional, because it takes a 90 degree turn just when you don't expect one!

I highly recommend this as a MUST READ, but due to some of the scenes being a bit dark, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment