Friday 29 March 2013

The Three Moons Realm NovelThe Three Moons Realm Novel by J R Vernon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a super little anthology! I loved it!

In the first story we meet an imp. He calls himself Zin. He is extremely clever and resourceful. I'm wondering what is in store for this creature.

In the second story we meet Dee. He is an orphan, living on the streets. He too is very resourceful. He has been given a mission, and I'm intrigued to find out if he succeeds.

In the third story Zarian, a warrior and leader, is introduced. He is a shrewd and wise person, but he is frustrated in not being able to go into battle. I hope he finds the battle he's been craving!

In the fourth story we meet Ketin. He is a deeply disturbed soul. I found his story quite distressing, but I was completely engrossed!

And lastly, we meet Berek. He is the Talon of the caravan. (I think that means leader!). He is a human living on his wits. I actually liked this character very much! He's got a wicked sense of humour!

This is an intriguing anthology that has me looking forward to reading the novel, Bound to the Abyss! The characters in this novella have their own personalities and outlooks. I am now wondering how these characters will interact in the novel!
These stories have a slight sci-fi feel to them. Each story is fast paced enough not to feel boring, and are extremely enjoyable! However, I must point out that a few of the stories do contain violence. This didn't ruin my enjoyment, but may disturb some readers.

James Vernon has written an extremely entertaining anthology/novella that has captured my attention. If his novel is as good as this novella, then he will have found a fan friend in me! I highly recommend this book if you love science fiction. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment